Experience - Integrity - Results
Traci McCarty & Associates - Executive Search & Consulting firm
Indian Gaming & Resorts - Energy - Technology - Healthcare - Economic Development - Tribal Governments
TMA fills our 350+ client's Executive Search requirements at the Executive, Management and Technical Support levels of operations.
American Indian owned businesses are affecting the world economy. There are 566 Native American Nations and 200+ Alaska Native Communities.
states with 242 Native American tribes operating 460 gaming facilities with
more than 341,000 gaming machines, 7,700 table games, almost 40,000 hotel
rooms, more than 1,200 restaurants, directly employing more than 224,000 people
and generating approximately $27.4 billion in revenue.
- Indian gaming sustained modest growth to bring it above its
pre-recession gaming revenue level growing by 3.4% nationwide.
- Indian gaming generated
approximately 44% of U.S. casino gaming revenue in 2011 - second straight year of growth since the end of the Recession.
- Indian gaming grew at twice
the rate of commercial casino segment - 1.7% in 2011.
- The top 2 states generated 38% of total gaming revenue at Indian gaming facilities; top
5 states generated about 61%; and top 10 states generated 86%.
- Indian gaming grew in 21 of
- Approximately 65% of Indian
gaming facilities experienced growth in gaming revenue in 2011; the other 35%
experienced a decline.
- The top 31% of Indian gaming
facilities accounted for 85% of total gaming revenue; the bottom 33% accounted
for only 2%.
- Indian gaming continued to
make significant contributions to the U.S. economy in terms of output, jobs,
wages, tax revenue, and payments to federal, state, and local governments.
Through strategic leadership, diversification of economies and revenue from gaming, Native Americans are becoming self-directed in healthcare, education and housing. The Native American Nations are leaders in new wellness programs, technology, energy and natural resources. Native Nations are becoming self-sufficient and self-directed with their own destiny and.... they are accomplishing this while honoring traditions, culture and Spirit.
Native American Non-Gaming Industries and Governments
- $34.4 billion - sales for American Indian- and Alaska Native-owned businesses in 2007.
- 23,704 - American Indian- and Alaska Native-owned firms employing 184,416 people.
- 4,599 - companies with sales of $1
million or more. 30.5% operated in construction; and repair, maintenance, personal and laundry services in 2007.
- 178 - companies with 100 or more
employees. These firms generated nearly $5.3B in gross receipts —
24 percent of total revenue.
- 65,356 - American Indians and Alaska Natives, 25 and older, earned professional degrees in 2011. 78.9% have a bachelor's degree or higher, the percentage whose bachelor's degree is in science and engineering, or science and engineering- related fields in 2011.
Thank you for visiting our web site. We hope the information provided is helpful.
MAILING ADDRESS - 6130 West Tropicana #292, Las Vegas, Nevada 89103 - PHONE: 800.761.6674 - FAX: 866.548.7202