In this section you will find thousands of job descriptions gathered from the internet from a variety of companies within our industries. This is a resource of ideas for you to use in completing your job descriptions. To view these forms, please LOGIN to your right or CLICK HERE to CREATE ACCOUNT.
If you are currently logged in please go to the Knowledge Center Tab - scroll to Job Descriptions - Gaming and select the department you are seeking. Please click on document you are interested in and
download or print document of your choice.
Below is an example of an excellent job description
JOB DESCRIPTION - Director of Human Resources
TITLE: Director of Human Resources REPORTS TO: General Manager
SALARY RANGE: $100K - $125K F.L.S.A. DESIGNATION: Exempt
POSITION CODE: 1540
DEPARTMENT: Human Resources – Compensation, Benefits, Employee Relations Training & Development, Organizational Development
SUPERVISES: 20 Team Members including 5- Direct & 15 Indirect
Our Team Members are poised and prepared to create unforgettable experiences for our guests. Our Four-Diamond property shines because of the combined efforts of more than 3,500 Team Members across multiple departments. With nearly 2,000 guest rooms, the property offers a wide variety amenities that include 200,000 square feet of meeting and convention space, 10 restaurants, branded retail shopping, headliner entertainment, a cinema, a 50-lane championship bowling center, outdoor thrill rides, a new 25,000 square-foot nightclub, and a casino with 1,000 sizzling slots and 50 tables. We offer 24 hours of heart-pounding action plus so much more.
COMMITMENT TO EXCELLENCE IN GUEST SERVICE:
PURPOSE & SUMMARY OF POSITION:
- All Team Members are committed to delivering EXCELLENCE in Guest Services through the delivery of the Excellence in Guest Services established program by YOUR Resort and Casino.
- EXCELLENCE IN GUEST SERVICES is an integral part of our jobs and seen as an extension of it.
- A company’s most vital asset is its customers. Without them, we could not exist in business.
- When you deliver EXCELLENCE IN GUEST SERVICES to our customers, they not only help us grow by continuing to do business with us, but recommend us to friends and associates.
- Direct and ensure the efficient administration and management of the human resources department.
- This includes recruitment, training, wage/benefit administration, compliance with statutory requirements and the execution of employee relations activities.
- Provide each department with the personnel, guidance and support necessary to achieve customer service and business objectives.
REQUIRED SOFTWARE / HARDWARE EXPERIENCE:
- 10+ years or progressive experience in comparable position with the most recent two years experience with comparable size and scope of authority is preferred.
- Minimum of 8 years Gaming & Resort experience
- Minimum of 3 years Indian Gaming & Resort experience
- Any combination of education and/or training and a minimum of 10+ years of experience that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities may be acceptable.
- Software Experience preferred - MS Office, Excel, Power Point, ADP, Kronos, XYZ HRIS
- Equipment Knowledge - Able to operate various types of office equipment and software including, but not limited to; personal computers, lap tops, printers, scanners, copiers, cell phones and other departmental related equipment and systems.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Minimum of a Four-year degree from accredited University in related field is preferred.
- NAHRA Certification preferred
- SHRM Certification preferred
- Ensure compliance with all Federal/State laws and corporate policies as well as regulations and court rulings which pertain to Human Resources by reviewing current management practices, implementing new procedures and communicating verbally and in writing any new requirements.
- Develop, implement and administer policies and programs related to the management of all personnel to ensure the maintenance of a positive and productive employment environment. Monitor same for fair and consistent application. Compose written communication such as those announcing policy revisions. Document and report all exceptions/variations/deviations to operating procedures, standard policy or legal regulations.
- Provide assistance, guidance and counsel to management personnel in order to maximize the quality and professionalism of the staff by listening/interpreting concerns and seeking solutions.
- Direct the property's labor relation’s function by administering collective bargaining unit contracting and ensuring compliance. Respond to all grievances, negotiate settlements and act as the property's repre-sentative at arbitration.
- Direct and instruct the management staff in effective recruitment and interviewing techniques using me-thods such as verbal presentations and written directions to ensure the hiring and retention of qualified and efficient employees.
- Control the administration of wages and benefits to ensure the accurate and equitable application of same, analyzing and applying information retrieved from moderately complex reports, manuals and/or computer systems.
- Direct the property’s safety programs. Meet with employees, managers and OSHA regarding safety concerns.
- Control the administration of workers’ comp claims to ensure claims are monitored, injury analysis com-pleted & TPA/legal counsel properly administers claims.
- Monitor the employee performance appraisal programs and/or discipline to ensure reviews are timely. Counsel and/or discipline employees as needed, through clear, calm and direct oral and written com-munication, in accordance with the guidelines established by the property. Read and analyze evaluations and goals to ensure appraisal comments are appropriate and goals are measurable and achievable.
- Ensure employees are developed and utilized to their maximum potential by controlling the implementation, administration, and monitoring of programs. Analyze and review current and proposed methods. Consult with and make recommendations to the management staff for improvement.
- Review and appraise all personnel changes and paperwork for merit and accuracy. Maintain all hotel personnel records and Human Resources files ensuring confidentiality where necessary.
- Supervise, schedule, coordinate and motivate activities of the Human Resources department personnel. Train and instruct, via written/verbal directions, in the details of work assignments. Monitor project process/progress, observe performance, encourage improvement and verify accuracy.
- Prepare reports relating to the Human Resource function through the use of a moderately complex computer system and written reports.
- Administer programs as assigned by the General Manager, such as quality improvement, tip compliance and opinion surveys.
- Social skills as demonstrated by the ability to deal with internal/external "customers," some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact, and diplomacy to diffuse anger, collect accurate information and resolve problems and concerns.
- Ability to access and input information using a moderately complex computer system.
- Ability to stand, move and work throughout office area and property, including walking (up to 1 mile), climbing stairs and/or sitting at desk work station for the duration of the shift.
- Ability to grasp, bend, lift and/or carry, or otherwise move goods weighing a maximum of 20 lbs. on an intermittent basis, and sufficient dexterity of hand in order to use office equipment including: computer keyboard, calculator, general office equipment and multi-line telephone.
- Ability to organize/prioritize work, meet deadlines, work with minimal supervision/multiple interruptions, exercise judgment and implement control over the performance of subordinates.
- Social skills as demonstrated by the ability to listen and respond to employee or management inqui-ries/concerns using a positive, clear speaking voice, answering questions and/or offering assistance giving accurate information regarding plans, policy or procedures within guidelines.
- Remain calm and alert, especially during emergency situations and/or heavy hotel activity, serving as a role model for other employees. Resolve complications and complaints by conducting thorough research of the situation and the most effective solutions. Make decisions and take action based on previous experience & judgment, sometimes revising procedures to accommodate unusual situations.
- Exercise judgment & implement control over the performance of subordinates.
- Communicate effectively both verbally and in writing to provide clear direction, instruction and guidance to staff. Assign and instruct all personnel in details of work. Observe performance and encourage im-provement. Monitor workload and make staffing adjustments accordingly.
- Counsel and/or discipline employees as needed, through clear, calm and direct oral and written com-munication, in accordance with the guidelines established by the hotel.
- Mathematical skills necessary to analyze reports, prepare forecasts and budgets.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to travel to training sessions, meetings and hearings.
- Knowledge of human resources practices and procedures including: Federal/State labor laws, OSHA, FLSA and collective bargaining unit agreements.
- Ability to maintain attendance in conformance with standards.
- Ability to maintain a neat, clean, and well-groomed appearance.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Prepare annual budget forecasts/business plans for the Human Resource department by analyzing and estimating past and future costs using moderately complex mathematical calculations.
- Analyze compensation, benefits and other expenses in comparison to industry standards
- Ability to obtain/renew all government required licenses or certification.
- Initiative: Able to bring about great results from ordinary circumstances; prepare for problems or opportunities in advance; transform leads into productive business outcomes; undertake additional responsibilities and respond to situations as they arise without supervision.
- Innovation: Able to challenge conventional practices; adapt established methods for new uses; pursue ongoing system improvement; play with concepts and ideas to create novel solutions to problems; evaluate new technology as potential solutions to existing problems.
- Visioning: Able to pursue potential expansion opportunities for the organization; champion radically different ideas and be a leader in the market, identify long-term goals and invest appropriate resources as needed; communicate vision in a way that inspires others.
- Conflict Management: Able to use a win-win approach to resolve controversy; stay objective and fair when dealing with sensitive situations; maintain constructive working relationships despite disagreement.
- Negotiating: Able to obtain agreement from multiple parties; earn trust while working out a deal; use good timing and carefully calculated strategies when bargaining; communicate high value of services; identify hidden agendas that might interfere with resolution of terms.
- Attention to Detail: Able to follow detailed procedures and ensure accuracy in documentation and data; carefully monitor processes; concentrate on routine work details and organize and maintain a system of records.
- Communication: Able to clearly present information through the spoken or written word; read and interpret complex information; talk with customers or team member; listen well.
- Continuous Learning: Able to stay informed of current industry trends; learn and apply new concepts and demonstrate career self-reliance; identify own areas of opportunity and set and monitor self-development goals.
- Willingness to Serve: Able to demonstrate a high level of service delivery to do what is necessary to ensure customer satisfaction; deal with service failures and prioritize customer needs.
- Flexibility: Able to remain open-minded and change opinions on the basis of new information; perform a wide variety of tasks and change focus quickly as demands change; manage transitions effectively from task to task; adapt to varying customer needs.
- Quality: Able to maintain high standards despite pressing deadlines; establish high standards and measures; do work right the first time and inspect materials for flaws; test new methods thoroughly; reinforce excellence as a fundamental priority.
- Integrity: Able to be tactful, maintain confidences, and foster an ethical work environment; prevent in-appropriate behavior by coworkers; give proper credit to others; handle all situations honestly.
- Respect: Able to adapt behavior to others’ styles, interact with people who have different values, culture, or backgrounds, be of service to difficult people, optimize the benefits of having a diverse workforce. Able to develop rapport with others and recognize their concerns and feelings; build and maintain long-term associations based on trust; help others.
- Policies, Process, Procedures: Able to act in accordance with established guidelines; follow standard procedures in crisis situations; communicate and enforce organizational policies and procedures; recognize and constructively conform to written rules or practices.
- Team Centered: Able to share due credit with coworkers; display enthusiasm and promote a friendly group working environment; work closely with other departments as necessary; support group decisions and solicit opinions from coworkers; display team spirit.
- Ability to listen effectively, read, write, speak, and understand the English language clearly to ascertain and document important information, to follow written and/or verbal instructions, to provide clear direction/guidance to subordinates, and to communicate with other employees, all levels of management and external contacts.
CODE OF ETHICS - SAFETY – REGULATIONS – ASSET PROTECTION:
- Attendance and Dependability: The employee can be depended on to report to work at the scheduled time and is seldom absent from work. Employee can be depended upon to complete work in a timely, accurate, and thorough manner and is conscientious, about assignments.
- Communication and Contact: The employee communicates effectively both verbally and in writing with superiors, colleagues, and individuals inside and outside the Company.
- Relationships with Others: The employee works effectively and relates well with others Including superiors, colleagues, and individuals inside and outside the Company. The employee exhibits a professional manner in dealing with others and works, to maintain constructive working relationships.
- Team Member Surveys: Within high levels of Team Member surveys.
- Guest Surveys: Within high levels of guest surveys
- Adherence to Budgets and Projections: Acceptable margins within budgeted and projected revenue
APPLICABLE TRIBAL PREFERENCE:
- Report all suspicious persons or activities, hazardous conditions to supervisor, Security or Safety personnel.
- Provide instruction and/or guidance for guest/employee safety in fire/emergency situations.
- Abide by ____ Professional Code of Ethics and Conduct policy
- Abide by all Tribal, State, Federal, and Corporate liquor regulations pertaining to alcoholic beverage service to minors and intoxicated guests.
- Abide by all Tribal, State and Corporate gaming regulations pertaining to the presence of minors in gaming areas.
- We are a Drug Free Environment
ACKNOWLEDGEMENT - DOCUMENT READ AND UNDERSTOOD
- Qualified ___________ Tribal Members will be given preference.
- Then, preference shall be given to qualified Tribal member families.
- Next, qualified members of other federally recognized tribes will be given preference.
- A Certificate of Indian Blood (CIB) or other proof of membership should be submitted with application.
Employee Signature: _______________________
Department Head Signature:________________