BACK GROUND CHECKS - LICENSING - COUNTER OFFERS AND MORE...
ELEMENTS IN JOB SEARCHING THAT YOU MIGHT WANT TO CONSIDER
COUNTER OFFERS FROM CURRENT EMPLOYER - after you have tendered a resignation:
- We encourage everyone to think carefully about making a career change.
- Once you have resigned, to accept another position, you have made your employer aware that you were looking for new employment.
- When promotions / raise time comes around, your employer will remember who may be leaving.
- When making difficult decisions about cut-backs, the company may begin with those that they know have been looking to leave.
- Statistics show that if you accept a counter-offer, the probability of voluntarily leaving in 6 months or being let go within 1 year are extremely high.
- Accepting counter-offers AFTER already accepting another position, may "burn bridges" with other companies.
LICENSING & BACKGROUND CHECKS:
- The gaming industry is a highly regulated industry and most all our positions require a Gaming License.
- If applying for a gaming related position, it is highly likely you will be requested to undergo a background investigation.
- Most all of our Clients WILL do a background checks for gaming licensing and for most all other tribal government, tribal health care, tribal economic development, and other positions, before hiring.
- We recommend that you NOT tender a resignation with your current employer, prior to the completion of a background check of your potential new employer.
- Upon an offer and an acceptance, you will most likely be asked to give permission to our Client to request you to submit to a pre-employment drug test.
MANY OTHER JOB SEARCH RESOURCES:
- We realize we are only one source for your career advancement.
- We have thousands of resumes in our database and we work on a limited number of assignments, at any given time.
- We recommend that you maintain employment whenever possible.
- Those in immediate need of employment should broaden their job search beyond TMA.
PLEASE KEEP US UPDATED:
- PLEASE: Notify TMA when information on your career changes. Examples include: current employer, phone number and email address
- PLEASE: Visit our web site to see if there are any positions that you, or a colleague, may be interested in. We welcome referrals. Please contact us if you are interested in any of our open positions.
- PLEASE: Send us an email, from time to time, to let us know how you are doing and make sure we have your current contact information. We will notify you as soon as appropriate opportunitIes become available.
- PLEASE: Notify TMA if you receive correspondence from any employer that we introduced you to over the past year.
Thank you for allowing us to assist you with your career.
We are passionate about finding the right career move for you.