TRACI McCARTY & ASSOCIATES
CLIENT SEARCH PROCESS
Traci McCarty & Associates asks questions and we listen to what you have to say.
We want to know what type of skills, experience and leadership qualities you are seeking.
TMA seeks out qualified candidates, on a national level, though our advertising and communications (calls - emails - referrals) to people within the industry. TMA finds and recruits only experienced professionals. TMA gains knowledge of your organization, the operational and the technical requirements for the position. We learn the management style and culture of your operation. We learn the values upon which your operation is based. In most cases we have visited your facilities and are familiar with the living environment and climate of your area to better share information with prospective candidates. Our in-depth knowledge of the marketplace, the positions and the industry allows us to know current employment trends and allows you to hire the best candidates and the right compensation. Knowing the details of what you are seeking is crucial to successful placements.
- Traci McCarty & Associates gains current knowledge of your organization.
- In most cases we have visited your facilities and are familiar with the living environment and climate of your area to better share information with prospective candidates.
- TMA works with you to develop competitive market qualifications, job description, job expectations, custom interview questions and compensation that will attract the best candidates.
- Our in-depth knowledge of the marketplace, the positions and the industry allows us to know current employment trends and allows you to hire the best candidates and in the right compensation range.
- Knowing the details of what you are seeking is crucial to successful placements.
WE LISTEN TO WHAT YOU NEED -
- Traci McCarty & Associates asks questions and we listen to what you have to say.
- We want to know what type of skills, experience and leadership qualities you are seeking.
- We learn the values upon which your operation is based.
- We work with you to develop competitive market qualifications, job description, job expectations, custom interview questions and compensation that will attract the best qualified candidates.
- We gain and understanding of the experience, size and scope of operations, technology, your future growth plans and more.
- We gain an understanding of the right personality, communication skills and strengths you desire for the position.
THE SEARCH -
- Traci McCarty & Associates finds and recruits only experienced professionals for your positions.
- We seek out qualified candidates, on a national level, though our advertising and communications (calls - emails - referrals) with people within the industry.
- Our knowledge of the industry, your company, your competitors and the marketplace allow Traci McCarty & Associates to develop a successful Search process.
- Our network of professionals, built over the last 40+ years, enables us to discreetly target highly qualified candidates that meet your requirements.
- We identify and evaluate size and scope of experience, leadership, communication, personality, work ethics, ability to successfully relocate (if-needed) and integrity.
- Traci McCarty & Associates presents the candidate's resume and our TMA biography of the candidate for your review.
- The biography includes: salary history, why the candidate left positions, career accomplishments, management / leadership style and personal information on licensing and relocation.
- We provide you with the presentations of the best qualified candidates sourced for your position.
- Our attention to detail helps to provide you with an efficient, timely and highly successful match.
- We review client requirements and culture with candidates, helping to make sure the candidates understand the client's organization, its needs, goals, opportunities, challenges, location and more.
PHONE / VIDEO INTERVIEWS -
- Traci McCarty & Associates assists with the phone / video interview scheduling, process and recommends a minimum of one (1) hour per interview.
- We provide you with a list of sample interview questions and rating forms.
DEBRIEFING POST PHONE / VIDEO INTERVIEWS -
- Traci McCarty & Associates debriefs the candidates, after your interview, and provides you with written presentation of this information.
- This information includes a review of questions asked and answers given; interest level of candidate, compensation package request, relocation needs, licensing ability, and more.
- We then go over the debriefs with you to see if you are interested in proceeding with on-sites or, do you need additional candidates to review.
- You then should be able to invite serious candidates to your property for on-property interviews.
REFERENCE CHECKS -
- Prior to your on-property interviews, we complete references from a minimum of three (3) professionals that have worked with the candidate in various capacities.
- You are welcome to contact the references and you are provided their contact information.
- Our reference checking helps to ensure candidates are presented accurately for your decision making process.
- This helps you to find, and hire, a successful candidate with the skills and personal attributes for your position and your team.
ON-PROPERTY INTERVIEWS -
- Traci McCarty & Associates is here to assist you with scheduling and making the travel arrangements, if needed. All travel costs, for the candidate, are pre-approved by the Client. Client then will reimburse the Candidate, after the interview has taken place, if the Candidate has booked and paid for their own travel expenses.
- We recommend a minimum of three (3) to four (4) hours of interview time, per candidate. This time might include the formal interview, time to meet with possible peers and subordinates and an informal meeting over lunch or dinner.
- We suggest candidates tour your facility as a "guest", prior to the interview.
- During the interview, we encourage the candidates to speak frankly and honestly about what they observe as a guest. This gives our Candidates an “outsider-look” at your organization and, most importantly, gives you an understanding of what is important to them.
- We suggest allowing the candidates time to tour surrounding communities for housing availability, schools and to check out your local competition.
- We believe you will surface an outstanding candidate from these processes.
DEBRIEFING POST ON-PROPERTY INTERVIEWS -
- Traci McCarty & Associates emails you an updated debrief, based on our phone conversation with the Candidate, on how they thought the On-Property interview went and are they interested in moving forward with your hiring process.
- This debrief includes a review of questions and answers; interest level of candidate, compensation package request, relocation requirements and their start date availability.
- All updated information is based on the candidate's meeting with you and your team, seeing your property and touring your area.
- We then call you to go over the debriefs and find out how the interviews went for you and how you want to proceed.
OFFER AND ACCEPTANCE -
- Traci McCarty & Associates assists you in presenting a reasonable offer that should be accepted.
- We communicate with you the expectations of the candidates, that they have stated.
- When making a timely and appropriate offer, our process helps to get an acceptance rate above the industry average.
- Some "Offer" standards in the industry, that you may want to consider, are relocation reimbursement of expenses and temporary housing during the candidate's relocation process.
- We encourage that you include in your offer letter a reimbursement to you, by the candidate, of pro-rated relocation expenses, should the candidate terminate within one year of start date.
- The offer letter should be dependaent on successful licensing / backgrounding.
LICENSING / BACKGROUND CHECKS -
- Whether you are hiring for gaming, tribal government, healthcare, education, or any other industry... we encourage you to go direct to a back ground investigation company and complete their backgrounding process.
- The information provided from the investigation company is then given directly to your company.
- Many of our clients use their Gaming Commissions for their backgrounding process.
- We understand the gaming licensing requirements and only licensable candidates should reach your Offer level of recruitment.
- Traci McCarty & Associates keeps up to date with your licensing / background checks of the candidate(s), to help insure a timely and successful placement process.
RELOCATION SUPPORT -
- Once an offer is accepted, Traci McCarty & Associates helps the candidates with their transition to their new employer.
- We are pleased to assist the candidate with relocation planning and spouse’s employment, as well.
START DATE -
- Traci McCarty & Associates will help the candidate through their resignation process, if employed, to help enable the candidate to start on the mutually agreed to "start date".
CONTINUED CLIENT SATISFACTION IS OUR COMMITMENT -
- Traci McCarty & Associates maintains contact with both parties, after “start date”, to help insure continued success for both parties.
- We are here to assist you with identifying your "90-day objectives" to help insure both the Client and Candidate are successful with the new position.