Counter Offers and more...
1. Counter Offers from current employer - after you have signed an Offer of Acceptance with a new employer:
- After resigning, you have made your employer aware that you were looking for new employment. Your loyalty may now be in question.
- When promotion/raise time comes around, your employer will remember who may be leaving.
- When making difficult decisions about cut-backs, the company may begin with those that they know have been looking to leave.
- Statistics show that if you accept a counter-offer, the probability of voluntarily leaving in 6 months or being let go within 1 year are extremely high.
- Accepting counter-offers AFTER already accepting another position may burn bridges with other companies.
2. Please keep us updated:
- PLEASE: Notify TMA after every correspondence you have with any employer that we introduced you to, even if it is a year later.
- PLEASE: Notify TMA when any information from your file changes. Examples include but are not limited to address changes, telephone number changes, changes in employment
- PLEASE: Visit our web site to see if there are any positions that you, or a colleague, may be interested in and please contact us if you know of a candidate.
- PLEASE: Send us an email, from time to time, to let us know how you are doing. We will notify you as soon as an appropriate opportunity becomes available.
3. Background Checks: Because we are a highly regulated industry, and most all our positions require a Gaming License, it is highly likely you will be requested to undergo a background investigation. Most all of our Clients WILL do one.
4. Drug test: Upon an offer and an acceptance, you will most likely be asked to give permission to our Client to request you to submit to a pre-employment drug test
5. Many Resources: We realize we are only one source for your career advancement. We have thousands of resumes in our database and we work on a limited number of assignments, at any given time. We recommend that you maintain employment whenever possible. Those in immediate need of employment should broaden their job search beyond TMA. We have provided a "Job Boards" tab above with thousands of job links to Indeed.com and other job boards.